With all the retrograde energy this year, it has been a time of reflection and introspection; of looking behind to move forward. Before the year’s end there is still a lot of movement to juggle and we begin with expansive Jupiter.
Before we discover what November has waiting for us, a word about Jupiter now in Scorpio. Our largest planet can always be counted on to do it big and this merger with Scorpio is no different. In less than a month, decades old sex crimes are coming to light involving several perpetrators and Robert Mueller has issued the first set of many subpoenas to come. You can expect more of the same for the next 13 months.
Jupiter our largest planet is interpreted on its size as a characteristic of expansion in our natal chart. Trust and your values in life are embodied in this planet. Jupiter also represents career, good fortune and prosperity as well as wisdom and dignity. The planet Jupiter’s position in the zodiac shows how you express your need to grow. It shows your interests in the higher values of life and how you share those interests with others. Jupiter rules the sign Sagittarius and before the discovery of Pluto, Pisces as well.
From September 9th until October of next year, Jupiter will be in the air sign of Libra. In your Natal Chart, Jupiter represents career, good fortune and prosperity as well as wisdom and dignity. It shows you where you need to grow. It shows your interests in the higher values of life and how you share those interests with others. The energies of Jupiter challenge us to expand in the physical, the intellect, the emotional but most important the spiritual. Libra is the sign of partnership, ruled by the planet Venus and symbolized by the Scales. Ever gracious, fair and balanced, Libra is an Air sign and among the most social and popular of the zodiac. Those born under this sign always have the right thing to say and know how to make others feel comfortable. Where Libra is in your chart is the area in life where you strive for balance and equilibrium.
As May begins, there are five planets trekking through a retrograde cycle: communicator Mercury, forceful Mars, expansive Jupiter (although Jupiter will turn direct on May 9th), structured Saturn and transformative Pluto. Despite their poor reputations for disruption and chaos which is not without merit, Retrogrades are also an important time to slow down, step back and correct course. Are you on the best possible path or are you just charging ahead blindly? The Universe is giving us a grace period to sort that all out.
For the next few months, we need to be clear on who we are, what we are doing, where we are going and start practicing it. These 4 months are our gift to learn how to be our true authentic selves. Here is a short overview of the energy you can experience from each planet:
1. Mars causes feeling of “I want to move forward but I can’t”. It is a fast moving planet and hates slowness but we are forced to re-evaluate how we react and our actions so we can be a more aligned path with our authentic self.
2. Saturn wants us to take slow, steady steps with lots of time for reflection. We learn to look at our beliefs, thoughts, movement, action in life and business. Are you trying to do too much, are you glossing over things and are you not walking your talk.
3. Jupiter asks us to look at how we want to expand our lives and make sure we are being true to who we are. How can you love and honor yourself more?
4. Pluto challenges our beliefs, perceptions, our inner selves and shadow side. It wants us to really dig deep and clear out things that no longer serve.
5. Mercury wants us to look at everything about communication, contacts, technology, appliances and vehicles. What need to be repaired, redone or fixed? Are all your “I’s” dotted and “T’s” crossed.
It is a beautiful gift if we choose to see it that way. Our energy and time is precious. Do the groundwork now. Build your foundation and shine authentically.
Each planet affects a different part of your chart. I can provide you with a road map to help you see what you need to work on and to watch out for during the next few challenging months. If you want a retrograde astrology chart, please click here.